At Sekisui House, our mission is to build better homes and communities that improve with time and last for generations. As the world’s biggest residential construction company, we develop apartments and houses to entire master planned communities, incorporating infrastructure, roads and public spaces and amenities. Globally, we employ over 25,000 people across Japan, USA, China, Singapore and Australia.
With the continuing growth of Sekisui House Australia, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Building Supervisor located in Ripley Valley, Queenland.
The Building Supervisor is responsible for supervising the construction of all homes. They are responsible for ensuring homes are built according to relevant authorities’ legislation and Company’s policies and procedures.
Skills and experience
- Ensure compliance with Sekisui House construction procedures, site/job management requirements and fair practices when dealing with clients, customers, contractors and SHCA employees;
- Ensure total compliance of all subcontracts and service providers in relation to: quality, safety, budget constraints and customer service;
- Carry out pre-construction inspections, with particular emphasis on difficult sites e.g. access, traffic management, WHS concerns;
- Report promptly to the QLD Construction Manager any sub-contractor or supplier whose performance is substandard when compared to the contract;
- Ensure that the quality of workmanship and materials supplied by sub-contractors meet the requirements and standards of Sekisui House;
- Ensure all site personnel use uniform construction methods and procedures in accordance with Company’s procedures.
- Provide support where there are identified build and client issues;
- Ensure that due to the co-ordinated efforts of the sub-contractors and suppliers that the turnover KPI is met each day.
- Assist the QLD Building Manager in the formulation of the work program for each area.
- Participate in reviewing the program on a weekly basis with the QLD Construction Manager.
- Ensure the agreed program is met for each component of the build and report variances to the QLD Construction Manager.
- Manage and ensure that construction of Display Homes is consistent with the agreed Sekisui House construction guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure all aspects of the site and work to be completed is consistent with the agreed Site Safety Plan.
- Carry out site safety inductions for all sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Ensure everyone entering the site has a QLD Induction Card.
- Ensure that appropriate PPE is worn at all times by all employees, sub-contractors and visitors.
- Ensure that all site signage is securely erected.
- Ensure the correct licences are held for each person on site who is operating equipment that needs a licence.
- Ensure workers are qualified to undertake the role assigned to them and that current SWMS are in place.
- Ensure that nominated WHS targets and objectives set by the QLD Construction Manager are met (e.g. contractor inspections).
- Ensure each project has a site WHS plan inclusive of a project risk assessment.
- Ensure that equipment used on site is in a safe operating condition.
- Ensure the site is kept in a neat and tidy condition at all times.
- Ensure that all Purchase Orders are planned and submitted in advance and in line with the build program.
- Ensure materials are efficiently and securely stored on sites to minimise double-handling and theft.
- Ensure materials are ordered and sequenced in a way as not to have the material stored on-site for excessive periods.
- Where possible, each delivery of goods is to be physically checked and counted for quality and quantity.
- Building Trade Qualification
- Building Industry WHS Induction (White Card)
- Builders Licence.
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Drivers Licence
- Minimum State requirement for Supervisors (i.e. Supervisor or Contractor Licence)
- Act as a Nominated Supervisor for Sekisui House Contract Home business in QLD
If this sounds like you then apply today! No recruitment agencies please