At Sekisui House, our aim is to build homes and communities that improve with time and last for generations. Globally, we are one of the world’s largest homebuilders and diversified property developers, employing over 25,000 people across Japan, China, Singapore, the USA, the UK and Australia. Our business is underpinned by a unique human-centric philosophy dedicated to the happiness of people. As an employer, we recognise that our people are our greatest asset and we embrace a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees are supported to achieve their highest potential. What we can offer!
- Fabulous workplace culture where every employee is valued
- Phone Allowance
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Employee Discounts and Referral Program
- Discounted Health Insurance and medical checks
- And so much more!
The Drafting Manager is responsible for managing the drafting staff, workflow, quality and the timely delivery of all drawings and associated documentation including final masters in accordance with all building regulations. They are also responsible for checking all work produced by the team to ensure accuracy and quality is produced to an expected level.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
Skills and experience
- Provide drawings and documentation to different levels of detail to suit the required stage of the plans process and for tenders, masters, contracts, council lodgements and site purposes
- Maintain and implement drafting systems and workflow deliverables in accordance with agreed budgets and forecasts
- Monitor Drafting outputs and ensure masters are maintained to minimise errors
- Identify cost effective and buildable solutions to all designs
- Ensure compliance with relevant codes, regulations and design guidelines
- Develop detail drawings from designer’s sketches
- Manage drafting teams’ workflow and ensure projects are delivered accurately and within agreed time frames
- Lead the development of the ArchiCAD software system
- Develop and Manage document controls to drive best practice drafting outcomes
- Create and maintain a product master library.
- Maintain standard detail book and ensure regular updates and accuracy is maintained.
How to Apply:
- 5+ years’ Drafting Management experience, preferably residential
- Advanced Experience in ArchiCAD system and system development
- Strong People Management and Leadership abilities
- Strong stakeholder management and internal communication skills
- 3D rendering and CGI experience (desirable)
- Strong Sketchup and or Photoshop skills (desirable)
- Certificate IV or Diploma in Architectural Technology, Building Design or Architecture (desirable)
- Experience with small lot products such as townhouses, terraces and duplex products (desirable)
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
To apply, please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click ‘Apply Now’. Applications close 23rd April.
We are an EEO employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to the opportunities available. No Recruitment Agencies please.