At Sekisui House, our mission is to build better homes and communities that improve with time and last for generations. As the world’s biggest residential construction company, we develop apartments and houses to entire master planned communities, incorporating infrastructure, roads and public spaces and amenities. Globally, we employ over 25,000 people across Japan, USA, China, Singapore and Australia.
With the continuing growth of Sekisui House Australia, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Development Manager, located at West End, QLD.
The Development Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of the project delivery throughout its lifecycle, ensuring adherence to the strategic targets of the Project’s Business Plan.
Skills and experience ESSENTIAL
- Ensure projects are scoped, designed, constructed and delivered on time, budget and to the agreed quality
- Ensure the required profitability levels are achieved through effective management, including periodic budget review, risk assessment, cash-flow management and delivery optimisation
- Contribute to the brand development of Sekisui House Australia and implementation of the company’s brand position
- Directly manage relationships with stakeholder groups, including Council, State Government Authorities and resident groups, as well as external consultants, contractors to achieve required business outcomes
- Ensure timely approval and registration of development stages to achieve revenue in line with a project’s business plan
- Manage the financial performance of the project through regular feasibility updates, as required by management
- Ensure compliance with procedures and policies including Workplace Health and Safety and environmental policies
- Procedures and policies
- Maintain a high standard of project presentation to assist in upholding the Sekisui House brand and that of a specific project
- Ensure effective collaboration with other areas of the business, both within the Development & Communities Business Unit and more broadly within the Sekisui House group of companies, to further progress Sekisui House within Australia.
- Tertiary qualification(s) in property development and/or related discipline, including civil engineering, town planning, construction, architecture or property economics
- A minimum of 5 years managing the design, approval and delivery of medium to large scale residential apartment/mixed use development projects from initiation to completion
- Experience in retail and/or commercial development projects from initiation through to completion
- Demonstrated track record of achieving results through effective development management skills
- Advanced understanding of sales, leasing and marketing strategies for residential (Apartment) and mixed use projects
- Advanced knowledge of financial principles and feasibility studies for both residential and retail/commercial uses
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills to achieve business outcomes
- Sound understanding of retail and commercial design elements and financial drivers, to assist with the optimisation of built form assets
- Experience with negotiation of Development Approval, Building Approval and infrastructure Agreements through Government Authorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to be persuasive and influencing
- Experience in the preparation of project business plans
- An understanding of sustainable design and construction principles in accordance with Sekisui House’s corporate philosophy
- Exposure to retail/commercial leasing, with well-established contacts throughout the retail industry
- A visionary mindset in relation to the design and delivery of a mixed use project including apartments
- Previous use of Estate Master feasibility software
- An understanding of sustainable community development
If this sounds like you then apply today! No recruitment agencies please