At Sekisui House, our mission is to build better homes and communities that improve with time and last for generations. As the world’s biggest residential construction company, we develop apartments and houses to entire master planned communities, incorporating infrastructure, roads and public spaces and amenities. Globally, we employ over 25,000 people across Japan, USA, China, Singapore and Australia.
With the continuing growth of Sekisui House Australia, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Development Manager, located at Macquarie Park, NSW.
The Devleopment Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of the project delivery throughout its lifecycle, ensuring adherence to the strategic targets of the Project’s Business Plan.
Skills and experience ESSENTIAL:
- Ensure projects are scoped, designed, constructed and delivered on time, budget and to the agreed quality
- Ensure the required profitability levels are achieved through effective management, including periodic budget review, risk assessment, cash-flow management and delivery optimisation
- Contribute to the brand development of Sekisui House Australia and implementation of the company’s brand position
- Directly manage relationships with stakeholder groups, including Council, State Government Authorities and resident groups, as well as external consultants, to achieve required business outcomes
- Ensure timely approval and registration of development stages to achieve revenue in line with a project’s business plan
- Ensure timely approval and cost effective delivery of Estate Major Works to allow registration of development stages in line with the project’s business plan
- Manage the financial performance of the project through regular feasibility updates, as required by management
- Ensure compliance with procedures and policies including Workplace Health and Safety and environmental policies
- Maintain a high standard of project presentation to assist in upholding the Sekisui House brand and that of a specific project
- Ensure effective collaboration with other areas of the business, both within the Development & Communities Business Unit and more broadly within the Sekisui House group of companies, to further progress Sekisui House within Australia
• Tertiary qualification(s) in property development and/or related discipline, including civil engineering, town planning, construction, architecture or property economics
• A minimum of 5 years managing the design, approval and delivery of medium to large scale residential development projects from initiation to completion
• Demonstrated track record of achieving results through effective development management skills DESIRABLE:
- Experience in the preparation of project business plans
- An understanding of sustainable design and construction principles in accordance with Sekisui House’s corporate philosophy
- Experience in the design, approval and delivery of built form residential development projects
- Previous use of Estate Master feasibility software
If this sounds like you then apply today! No recruitment agencies please