At Sekisui House, our mission is to build better homes and communities that improve with time and last for generations. As the world’s biggest residential construction company, we develop apartments and houses to entire master planned communities, incorporating infrastructure, roads and public spaces and amenities. Globally, we employ over 25,000 people across Japan, USA, China, Singapore and Australia.
With the continuing growth of Sekisui House Australia, we are currently recruiting for an experienced HR Advisor, located at Macquarie Park, NSW.
As the first point of contact for HR queries the HR Advisor will be responsible for providing accurate advice to all employees in the business, whilst ensuring you maintain a high level of confidentially.
Skills and experience ESSENTIAL
- Provide day-to-day generalist HR advice, support and coaching to business leaders and employees with regards to EEO and workplace compliance
- Provide consultation and support to business leaders with regards to all aspects of workforce planning, including recruitment and selection areas of best practice, EEO, needs analysis, recruitment process / activity, analysis, remuneration benchmarking and employee benefits.
- Support to business leaders during the interview process, including attending interviews, reference checking and pre-employment checks
- Onboarding of new employees and review and improvement of the onboarding process in conjunction with Learning & Development
- Management of employment variations with respect to position changes, remuneration, benefits and incentive program changes and working with payroll to ensure changes are processed accordingly
- Management of employee terminations and the exit interview and offboarding process
- Management of the employee 6-month probation review process
- Providing advice on performance improvement plans in consultation with the HR Business Partner
- State appointed return to work coordinator, including the management of workers compensation claims
- Development and management of Position Descriptions in conjunction with business leaders
- Actively participating in in HR projects to develop new processes and process improvement
- Assisting in developing HR documentation and ensuring HR user guides, manuals and checklists are regularly reviewed and updated
- 3-5 years HR generalist experience with a specific focus on the employee life cycle
- Experience in the full range of generalist HR activities
- Contemporary knowledge of HRM issues and best practice
- Knowledge of IR framework and legislation
- Experience in project planning and implementation
- Relevant qualifications in Human Resources or Business Administration
- Strong business acumen with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building, negotiation, influencing and verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated service oriented approach, enthusiastic, motivated, positive attitude, good initiative and a self-starter
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team setting.
- Demonstrated skills in word processing, spreadsheet and database management.
- Ability to work to deadlines and demonstrated organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise and deal with conflicting priorities
- High level of integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Lateral thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
If you are looking to make the move to a global company with a reputation that is second to none then apply now.