At Sekisui House, our mission is to build better homes and communities that improve with time and last for generations. As the world’s biggest residential construction company, we develop apartments and houses to entire master planned communities, incorporating infrastructure, roads and public spaces and amenities. Globally, we employ over 25,000 people across Japan, USA, China, Singapore and Australia.
With the continuing growth of Sekisui House Australia, we are currently recruiting for an experienced HR & L&D Advisor, located at Macquarie Park, NSW.
The HR and Learning & Development Advisor is responsible for partnering with, supporting and providing guidance to our business leaders and employees on the full employee lifecycle. They will also be responsible for the administration support and coordination of Learning & Development activities nationally.
As the first point of contact for HR and Learning and Development queries, the HR and L&D Advisor will be responsible for providing accurate advice to all employees in the business, whilst ensuring to maintain a high level of confidentially.
The role HR Responsibilities
Learning & Development Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day generalist HR advice, support and coaching to employees with regards to EEO and workplace compliance.
- The first point of contact for all generalist HR queries.
- Support to business leaders during the interview process, including attending interviews, reference checking and pre-employment checks
- Onboarding of new employees and review and improvement of the onboarding process in conjunction with Learning & Development
- Management of employment variations with respect to position changes, remuneration, benefits and incentive program changes, and working with payroll to ensure changes are processed accordingly
- Management of employee terminations and the exit interview and offboarding process
- Management of the employee 6-month probation review process and review and improvement of the process.
- Providing advice on performance improvement plans in consultation with the HR Business Partner
- State appointed return to work coordinator, including the management of workers compensation claims
- Actively participating in HR projects to develop new processes and process improvement
- Assisting in developing HR documentation and ensuring HR user guides, manuals and checklists are regularly reviewed and updated
Skills and experience ESSENTIAL
- Establish and manage relationships with external training providers to ensure delivery of training is in line with business needs.
- Book external training activities for participants with approved providers.
- Send email calendar invitations for training activities, track responses and send reminders.
- Ensure participants receive the appropriate communications regarding their training.
- Preparation of training materials, organisation of training venues, equipment and supplies.
- Ensuring training records are kept up to date.
- Conduct post-course administration tasks, including the collection of participant feedback and course certificates of completion.
- Support the Learning & Development Officer on program development and projects.
- Allocate to the new starters the E-Learning modules at on-boarding and monitor completion.
- Assist in monitoring the Learning inbox and communicating accordingly.
- Re-order stationary and necessary catering supplies for training activities.
- Support Learning & Development Officer, as required.
- 3-5 years HR generalist experience coupled with a relevant tertiary qualification
- Experience in the full range of generalist HR activities, with a specific focus on the employee life cycle
- Knowledge of current employment legislation and ‘Employer of Choice’ practices.
- Knowledge of IR framework and legislation
- Experience in project planning and implementation
- Knowledge of Human Resource organisational policies and practices.
- Previous experience providing administration support and coordination to a Learning and Development function
- Exposure to program development and an LMS.
- Strong business acumen with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building, negotiation, influencing and verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated service oriented approach, enthusiastic, motivated, positive attitude, good initiative and a self-starter
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and within a collaborative team setting.
- Strong administration experience including experience in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work to deadlines and demonstrated organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise, deal with conflicting priorities and ability to multitask
- High level of integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Lateral thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
If this sounds like you then apply today! No recruitment agencies please