At Sekisui House, our mission is to build better homes and communities that improve with time and last for generations. As the world’s biggest residential construction company, we develop apartments and houses to entire master planned communities, incorporating infrastructure, roads and public spaces and amenities. Globally, we employ over 25,000 people across Japan, USA, China, Singapore and Australia.
With the continuing growth of Sekisui House Australia, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Maintenance & Construction Officer, located at West End, QLD.
The Maintenance & Construction Officer is responsible for providing effective, efficient and accurate administrative support to the QLD Construction team.
This role is responsible for the smooth progression of warranty repairs ensuring timely and positive outcomes for the company.
The Maintenance and Construction Officer is responsible for ensuring that clients receive a high level of quality service and well communicated documentation in a timely manner, in line with company policies and the Home Building Agreement.
Skills and experience ESSENTIAL
- Provide admin support to the Construction Manager and Supervisors
- Schedule meeting appointments for the Construction Manager
- Assist in preparing reports and ensuring the Building team meet their targets
- Contribute to implementing procedures into the Building team
- Work closely with the Customer Service team to create a positive experience for clients
- Coordinating the variation process between the client and internal departments
- Ensuring internal and external queries are responded to in a timely manner
- Obtaining the Occupation Certificate
- Co-ordinating the preparation of the final account
- Provide office administration support including general office duties where required
- Proactively manage comprehensive, regular and timely communication with the customer relating to the progress and delivery of the Home Building Agreement
- Liaise and provide support to Building Supervisors and provide them with relevant documentation for the completion of each job
- Coordinate 6 month maintenance inspection appointments
- Liaise with customers with regards to maintenance issues
- Undertake contractor management with regards to licences and insurances
- Accurately control payments made to sub-contractors and suppliers
- Provide administrative support to the Building team as required
- Provide admin support for QCAT hearings
- Relevant qualifications or experience within the Residential Building Industry with a solid understanding of current legislation
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Communications – written and oral
- Customer service focus
- Planning and organising
If this sounds like you then apply today! No recruitment agencies please