At Sekisui House, our mission is to build better homes and communities that improve with time and last for generations. As the world’s biggest residential construction company, we develop apartments and houses to entire master planned communities, incorporating infrastructure, roads and public spaces and amenities. Globally, we employ over 25,000 people across Japan, USA, China, Singapore and Australia.
With the continuing growth of Sekisui House Australia, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Management Accounting Manager, located at Macquarie Park, NSW.
The Management Accounting Manager is responsible for preparing and delivering all accounting and financial information and advice, providing high level strategic and commercial advice, accurate and timely financial information, and ensuring all statutory requirements and accounting standards are adhered to, in order to help the managerial staff of Sekisui House Australia and Sekisui House, Japan (Head Office) make decisions.
Skills and experience ESSENTIAL
- Provide incisive and accurate advice with respect to commercial, accounting and finance aspects of project and the company's operations to the Company
- Ensure that financial accounting systems comply with all statutory, accounting standards and the Company and Head Office requirements
- Ensure that the accounting and project planning for projects is comprehensive and timely
- Maintenance of project and cost accounting where required
- Liaise with external auditors, tax agents, lawyers and other consultants as required
- Support for the annual (semi-annual if required) external audit where required
- Participate in the development of accounting policy and administrative accounting procedure
- CPA Qualified.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in the full range of Management Accounting activities - including general accounting, financial analysis and management reporting.
- Excellent commercial and business management experience and acumen.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to interpret financial information.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to delegate and prioritise workload.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Strong customer service focus
- High level of numeracy and computer usage skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to communicate fluently in Japanese would be advantageous
- An understanding of the Contract Building Industry is desirable
- Strong communications – both written and oral
- Planning and organising
If this sounds like you then apply today! No recruitment agencies please