Green light for next stages of Melrose Park North
The integrated project located on a 25-hectare site bordered by Wharf Road, Hughes Avenue and Hope Street at Melrose Park will set new benchmarks for precinct developments.
Melrose Park North, a joint-venture project with PAYCE will address Sydney’s housing supply shortage and will include over 5,000 residential apartments, a town centre and retail village, community amenities and significant parklands.
The infrastructure-led plan for the project is also delivering a range of new public and community benefits, including:
- Transport upgrades on Victoria Road, including a new public transit corridor
- 50,000 square meters of parks and public open space
- Land Dedication to Schools Infrastructure NSW for a new public school
- Affordable Housing
- Land Dedication for the future Parramatta Stage 2 Light Rail and Melrose Park Light Rail Stop
- Financial contributions to the new Parramatta River Bridge, designed to carry light rail, public transport, pedestrians, cyclists and emergency services
- Financial contributions to new community facilities
- Green infrastructure including over 2,000 new trees, stormwater harvesting, provisions for EV car charging, new cycle paths connecting cyclists to Victoria Rd from Hope St and a sustainable development plan which promotes energy efficiency and minimises non-renewable energy.
The project will provide the very best lifestyle for residents, and the surrounding Melrose Park community with its parklands, playgrounds, shopping centre, commercial space, restaurants and cafes.
During construction, the project will create over 10,000 jobs and when completed, 1,500 permanent jobs.
Sekisui House Australia CEO, Mr Hide Seguchi said the project located in the geographic centre of Sydney, would deliver well-designed, quality apartments that also offer great lifestyle and amenities.
“We’re committed to excellence in the resident experience, and Melrose Park is on track to be one of the most liveable new communities in Sydney.”
It will be one of the few precincts in Sydney serviced by bus, light rail, ferry and in close proximity to both heavy rail and a Metro Station.
Preliminary site works have already commenced with major construction work starting later this year.
For more information visit: melrosepark.com.au