Crunchy Cauliflower Bites with curry-lime aioli
½ cup garbanzo (chickpea) flour
4 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
¾ teaspoon salt, divided
⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
10 tablespoons water
¼ teaspoon grated lime zest
1 tablespoon lime juice plus 1 ¼ teaspoons, divided
1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
6 cups 1 ½-inch cauliflower florets (from 1 medium head)
½ cup mayonnaise
¾ teaspoon curry powder
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, coriander, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk in water and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Combine breadcrumbs, cumin, 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in another large bowl.
3. Working in batches, place several cauliflower florets in the batter and stir to coat. Let excess batter drip off, then toss lightly in the breadcrumb mixture to coat. Transfer to the prepared pan. Repeat with the remaining florets.
4. Bake the cauliflower, stirring once, until golden, 30 to 40 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, curry powder, lime zest and the remaining 1 1/4 teaspoons lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder in a small bowl.
6. Serve the cauliflower with the aioli and more cilantro, if desired.